Sunday, April 7, 2013

Review of Davenport, a small town on the California coast.

Davenport , California is a small ocean town with population of about 400. The town is presently noted for the spectacular cliffs and bluffs above the Pacific, beaches in between cliffs, surfing opportunities,  whales and brussel sprouts ! Davenport is 10 miles north of Santa Cruz , Ca. There are a couple cafes, and art gallerys with the one hotel being the Davenport roadhouse Inn . This is why I came to Davenport. I found a half price deal at the Inn on Living social.
The Davenport Inn has a restaurant and bar downstairs and the rooms are all upstairs. My room was very nice. Great view of the waves crashing on the rocks across the road. Nice pillowtop beds. Cute place.
The restaurant had $3.00 fish tacos the night I arrived and an Americana all ladys band who was great! A fun assortment of local people turned out.  The fish tacos are wonderful but the real treat was the carmelized brussel sprouts !!!
I spent the day walking on numerous beaches and cliffs in the nearby area and gazing out over a large pod of Whales.
I had a 2 great days in Davenport.  I would recommend the Davenport Inn and Restaurant highly ! Nice Inn with fair prices, good food and a beautiful quiet location.







3 comments:

  1. oh my ... how beautiful ... don't I love the Pacific coast ... sigh and ahhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful place to restore a weary soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh Yes and I was feeling like a weary soul after fracturing 5 ribs in a bad fall a few weeks back. Needed the R and R. Loved it !!!

    ReplyDelete