Sunday, November 4, 2012

Virginia lakes off Highway 395 near Bridgeport,Ca.

These photos are from first week of Oct. My week long camping, hiking trip along Highway 395 , near Lee Vining. This is Virginia lakes. Did a beautiful 7 mile round trip hike . Lake after lake. Fall colors just starting at that time.






                            Jasper the fearless dog who loves hiking .








 This was the view from the top of the ridge which I believe is called Burro pass. It is at 11,200 feet. Looking out over other peaks in the southern sierra that range up to 13,500 feet. Beautiful view !!!









5 comments:

  1. Every one of these photos is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely breathtaking! Thanks for taking us along. The log cabin decline made me sad. Love all the pics, especially the posing puppy pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm sold! I am ready to move to Virginia!!!

    ReplyDelete